I just found this blog - Cake Wrecks - that entertainingly records the many fantastic blunders of the confectionary industry. Check out the beautiful example above, boy, wouldn't you be tempted to pick that one out in the shop? Or even better, to have pre-ordered it and then be forced to pay for it. Oh happy days. I actually would have be thrilled, as it is so gloriously bad.
Here are some more festive beauties.....
And my personal favourite...
What was the person responsible for this thinking?! "Oh man, my snow covered hill looks a little boring with nothing but a deer on top. Hmmm, wait a minute... I have an idea!"
HA HA HA
I will be adding this wonder-blog to my favs so you can follow it along with me
You should all head over to my brothers blog ( click, or look for Maritimes, on my list of blogs, to the right of this post) and check out the video he just posted: 50 people, one question. It's really cool.
I'm was going to try to think of a secret to post here, but couldn't think of one (that I'm prepared to share..) so thought I'd pop back later to write one. Yet that seems so contrived and planned, and sort of against the spirit of the video, which seems to be spontaneous responses. So here's a good one: I'm scarred of posting anything real (that's not humorously phrased) about me on my blog, partly because of who reads it, but partly because I'm scared of stranger's judgments of me too, whether they comment that judgement or not.
I'm not sure if my parents ever actually subjected us to this, I certainly don't remember if they did (smacks of mental repression, huh?) but I certainly wish they had taken some photos like these. Wowza, WHAT a way to freak children out.
Although taking a closer look at some of those Santas, I can kind of see why the kids are so upset. I'm not entirely convinced that all of them would pass their enhanced criminal records bureau checks these days......
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love gift bags but only use them when I have the opportunity to recycle ones given to me, as they're waaaay more expensive than paper. So, I generally use paper in plain bright colours which can then also be used for birthday presents at other times of year. Cheap? Moi?
2. Real tree or Artificial? It has to be real. Although I'm pretty flexible on the type of tree. At home we often decorate a branch of Holly from the garden. This year Dan and I decorated Steve's "Mr Yuca" plant (see above)
3. When do you put up the tree? Mr Yuca is up all year, but he is decorated as soon in December as I think I can get away with it without Steve shouting at me
4. When do you take the tree down? hm...when Steve makes me take the decorations off. I have no plans to "take" Mr Yuca "down", unless he starts up with the racist comments again
5. Do you like eggnog? I'm not sure I've ever actually tried it. It's sweet though, right? So, I'm pretty sure I'd like it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A floppy white bunny that was actually given to my sister, but that I stole within minutes of it being unwrapped
7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm, changes every year
8. Easiest person to buy for? my sister, i just choose something I'd like and hope to "inherit" it at a later date
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I plan to do mailed ones in the future, when I can afford it. For now, normally text messages....
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My Mum recycles these stupid ball bearing puzzles in our stockings, EVERY year
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? normally in december, although I started a little earlier this year
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Heck yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas dinner! with allllll the trimmings (even a single token brussel sprout)
16. Lights on the tree? Yeah, of course! Even Mr Yuca is lucky enough to be lit this year (thanks Dan!)
17. Favorite Christmas Song? God rest ye merry gentlemen. Or santa baby... heh heh heh
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Definitely rather stay home. I had one Christmas in Florida and it was weeeeeird.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No way
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? we normally have a christmas tree-shaped decoration I made at primary school on top of the tree. So, neither
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I've never understod this?! If you open your gifts on Christmas eve, what the hell do you do on Christmas day!?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? not having as much money as I would like to spend on gifts
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? OOOoooo, my parents have so many decorations that I love. There's one little blue-with-white-spots chicken that springs to mind. Not sure what it's got to do with christmas, but i love it
24. Favorite thing to do this time of year? EAT (my favourite thing to do at all times of year)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'd be pleased to get anything at all!
I would love to learn about you and what Christmas is to you, so blog or email.
Living in London, I often (over)hear many entertaining conversations that have got to be worth sharing....there will probably also be one or two cool quotes, videos and links too.
Update on profile: Quite frankly I'm failing miserably at the "overheard conversations" thing. Sorry. Feel free to email me with any entertaining conversations you have overheard. In the meantime, welcome to my somewhat random mishmash blog. Yeah.