Tuesday 3 August 2010

Check out Bella's Boobs! Oops, I mean another AWESOME wedding!

"ANOTHER wedding?" I hear you exclaim. Why yes, another one, it is true, but certainly not an insignificant one. This wedding was possibly the most ridiculously funny wedding ever.

Bumper car place names (handcrafted from papier mache by the bride herself - all 70 of them). Handcrafted bicycle chariot to transfer the bride from the church to the reception by groom-power (like horse-power, but with a top-hat) only. A bouncy castle, coconut shy (Mighty Boosh stylee), pin-the-tail-on-the-popple, monkey-bike racing. The most hilarious first dance ever (did anyone record it?). And 90s dance music to while away the lazy hazy summer evening... NOT.


Yet again, Steve and I did not manage to get many good photos, but here are one or two to give you a flavour of the night.

If I could manage to figure out how to move these photos around a bit better, the drunken ones would come a liiiiitle bit later on.... oh stevie, oh sambo, oh, my beautiful deeps....


THE cake of
THE CENTURY


SERIOUSLY! It had climbers, waterfalls and a bear cave! S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y!



Michael Browns' slightly ill-fitting hat


The Elvidges!


Wife racing (aka bridesmaid piggy back)


We really should have tried to race at this point!!! I'm only saying that though because I have great faith in my usher/horse!

Also, a big shout out to the bride and groom, who finally made it to Costa Rica for their honeymoon (told you the chariot would've been a better mode of transport!) and are apparently having a whale of a time. I think the wedding was such a success, not just because the two of you put in SOOO much time and effort, but just because you looked so perfect, so happy and so meant for each other. And Chris obviously couldn't believe his luck - amy looked STUNNING! I couldn't be happier for you guys! Mwah!

Well, hope you enjoyed this, the latest installment of how-many-weddings-can-freya-actually-go-to-this-year. Well, the answer to that is WAY more. I have three more in August alone, as you ask.

If they're even half as good as this one, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Pete Geall said...

Freya you love weddings so much!